We provide a full range of modular user training based on over 20 years of one-on-one user training experience.
Most of the training is video based, showing short and concise guides on how to perform specific tasks. The are designed for busy accountants who need quick access to find out how to do something, when they need it.
The training covers the needs of absolute beginners as well as seasoned Dynamics GP users who need some refreshing on certain tasks that only occur every now and then...like year end procedures.
Microsoft Dynamics GP User Training Overview
This overview video, below, is aimed at users who are new to Microsoft Dynamics GP and need an introduction to the application and how it all fits together. This is the part of training that is, unfortunately, often overlooked or forgotten, but it really sets the foundation for additional learning and understanding.
If you like this video, then consider becoming a registered member to benefit from unlimited access to training materials and valuable hints and tips that will save you hours in your daily processing routines.
If you would like to speak to us about specialist training for your users, please get in touch to discuss your needs.
Some topics available
General Ledger Topics
- How to enter a GL journal
- Correcting and backing out a GL Journal
- How to enter a reversing journal
- How to enter a GL journal which includes tax
- Enquiry options
- Identifying the source transaction from the journal
- Financial Year End Closure
Sales Ledger Topics
- How to enter receivables invoices
- How to enter credit notes
- How to apply credit notes to invoices
- How to enter an invoice in Sales Order Processing
- How to enter cash receipts
- How to apply cash receipts in foreign currencies
- How to Unapply cash receipts
- How to Age customer balances and transactions
- How to move completed sales transactions to history
- How to run Statements
- Sales Year End Closure
Purchase Ledger Topics
- Entering payables invoices
- Entering Manual Payments
- How to do the payment run
- Generating bulk payment files to upload to the bank
- How to void a transaction
- How to email remittances
- How to unapply a credit in a payment batch
- How to enter Purchase Orders
- How to receive good/services against a PO
- How to enter an invoice for receipted goods/services
- How to record variances on goods/services
- Purchasing Year End Closure
- How and where to look for data in Smartlist
- How to add and remove columns
- Using filters
- Saving Smartlists as favourites
- How to delete an existing favourite
- Management Reporter
- Creating new reports
- Rows and Columns
- Jet Reports
Regular Webinar Sessions
Twice monthly, there will be members-only webinar sessions where we will discuss things like:
- Current issues experienced in Dynamics GP
- Popular requests
- Advanced training sessions on specific modules
The sessions will be held typically after month end (around the 10th of the month) and before month end begins again towards the end of each month.
The idea behind these sessions is to provide regular access to experienced trainers who can answer questions directly, provide feedback on topics of interest, and generally keep you up-to-date with your existing knowledge of Dynamics GP, which in turn will make you more efficient at maintaining and completing your accounting tasks, from daily routines to month and year end reporting.